Friday, July 24, 2009

Message from Coach Goff

Hello all! A wrestling season like any other sport consist of three distinct segments: the preseason, the season, and the off-season. The preseason is the area from September to the end of October and is the focus of this first blog. I just got off the phone with Dustin Kowa from "The Wrestling Academy." He has invited our whole program, any parent and kid of any age or experience level, to a open house practice session at his facility on August 17th at 6:00pm. This is outstanding news. Not only will our kids get a free practice session but the parents can ask questions, meet the coaches, and see the facility while Dustin at the same time and discuss his 6 week preseason training program he is offering. I must let him know how many are interested in attending this "open house" in the next few weeks. I am attaching a link to his website at the bottom of the blog.What do I have in mind you may ask?I would love set up a carpool system to get our kids over to the Academy a few days a week during the off season. Dustin will explain his program at the Open house session on Aug. 17th but I can tell you it will get our guys where they need to be when they are handed off to Coach Carr and myself in November. Tell me whatcha think and I need to set up a list on who is interested! Email me or comment.